These instructions apply to the LCD Envoy as pictured below. For details on how to configure a Wi-Fi connection for the IQ Envoy or the Envoy-S, visit the page here.
When the Envoy is first powered on, its LCD will display the self-assigned IP address 169.254.120.1 and a status of -Web. When the Envoy has successfully connected to your router, the IP address will be updated, and the status indicator will change to +Web.
Follow the instructions below to establish the Wi-Fi connection for your LCD Envoy or to re-establish a connection after your router or Internet Service Provider (ISP) has changed.
On the router, look for a button labeled “WPS”. If the router does not support Wi-Fi WPS, skip to the manual setup process below.
- Verify that the start-up message on the LCD screen reads "R3.8" or later.
- If it does not, upgrade the Envoy by connecting the Envoy Ethernet port to the broadband router with the Ethernet cable that came with the Envoy.
- WARNING! Do not remove power from the Envoy if the LCD displays: “Upgrading. . . Do Not Unplug.”
- After the upgrade completes, unplug the Ethernet cable from the Envoy.
- Confirm that no Ethernet cable is plugged into the Envoy RJ45 (Ethernet) port.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi adapter stick provided with your Envoy is plugged into the USB port closest to the power plug. Confirm that the Wi-Fi adapter stick is powered on. A green light will display.
- Press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router (or access point) for two seconds. On many routers, the WPS button flashes at this point.
- Within two minutes, return to the Envoy. Press and hold the Envoy menu button until the Envoy menu appears.
- Release the Envoy menu button when Enable Wi-Fi WPS appears on the LCD screen.
- Within two minutes an updated IP address appears on the Envoy LCD screen. This IP address begins with a “W” to indicate that a wireless connection is established.
- If the updated IP address does not appear, retry the previous steps as the connection window may have timed out.
- Within a minute, the Envoy LCD screen displays +Web indicating a successful connection to Enlighten.
Manual Wi-Fi Setup
- On the Envoy, verify that no Ethernet cable is plugged into the Envoy RJ45 (Ethernet) port.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi adapter stick provided with your Envoy is plugged into the USB port closest to the power plug.
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi adapter stick is powered on. A green light will display.
- Plug your laptop or computer into the Envoy using an Ethernet cable. This will enable you to access the Envoy’s web interface.
- Access the Envoy’s Administration page by typing it’s IP address (169.254.120.1) into a browser window.
- Click on the Administration link at the top of the page.
- When prompted for the login credentials, please contact Enphase Customer Support and a representative will help you by providing a unique password. You can enter admin (in lowercase) as the Username.
- From the left navigation Administration menu, select Wi-Fi Configuration.
- This menu option is available only when the wireless adapter is installed in a USB port on the Envoy.
- The interface displays a list of available networks. Click Re-Scan if your preferred network is not displayed.
- Click a network to select it, enter the password, and click Test Connection.
- If you don’t see your network listed, the router SSID broadcast may be blocked. If so, enter the SSID (name) and password.
- Status messages appear during the connection process, including “Connection Test” and "Confirmation."
- Click Join Network when displayed.
- Once you have joined a network, it appears in bold in the list of available networks.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable.
Within two minutes, an updated IP address appears on the Envoy LCD screen. This IP address begins with a “W” to indicate a wireless connection has been established.
Within a minute, the Envoy LCD screen displays +Web, indicating a successful connection to Enphase.
For more information, refer to the Troubleshooting section of the Envoy Installation and Operation Manual.