WARNING: Do not change the Envoy DHCP setting to use a static IP address unless you also reserve the same IP address on the broadband router. See the section on DHCP reservations in the router instructions. Failure to reserve the static IP address on the router will result in duplicate IP addresses and intermittent Internet connection problems with the Envoy.
If you are configuring the Envoy with a static IP address, follow the steps below:
- Access the Envoy's Local Interface.
- Click Administration (username = admin, password = admin).
- Click Network Connectivity.
- Once in the Network Connectivity Settings:
- Uncheck the Use DHCP check box.
- Click Update DHCP Setting.
- Enter static IP settings appropriate for your network.
- In the IP Address for Interface 0 field, enter the Envoy IP address
- All other fields can be found in the preferences of your network settings.
- Click Update Interface 0 - At this point you will lose connection with the Envoy since the IP address has changed.
- Plug the Envoy into the network router or modem.
- Unplug the Envoy for 10 seconds and then plug it in again.
- The Envoy should now display the static IP address.
View the Envoy Installation and User Manual for more information.