We've determined that your Envoy S or IQ Envoy is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. If you have changed your Internet Service Provider, network password or even updated your network name, this can disconnect you from the Envoy. Let's walk through the steps to re-establish the network connection using Enphase Enlighten App, which will require you to use a device such as a tablet, or a smartphone that is already connected to your home's Wi-Fi. You will also need the password for your home's Wi-Fi connection.
Follow these steps to get your Envoy back online:
- Get as close to the Envoy as possible.
- Open the Enphase Enlighten App on your iOS or Android mobile device and tap on the ‘Menu’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- and select ‘Notices’.
- Click on the ‘Get your Envoy connected back to Home Wi-Fi’ link under the ‘Envoy is Not Reporting’ Notice.
Alternately, you can also navigate to Menu > Devices > Envoy and then select ‘Configure WiFi’ to arrive at the same option.
- Follow the steps mentioned on the ‘Reconnect to Envoy’ page in your Enphase Enlighten App. For your reference, the steps to follow have also been elaborated below:
- On the pop-up that appears, select your home network from the list of available networks
- enter your Wi-Fi password and tap on Connect
- It may take a few minutes to establish the connection between the Envoy and the Home Wi-Fi.
- Once the connection is established you will see a message “Envoy is connected to Wi-Fi successfully”. You may now connect your mobile device to your Wi-Fi or enable your mobile data.
- Tap on “OK, got it”. At this point your envoy is successfully connected to your Wi-Fi network. You may still see “Envoy is Not Reporting” status under Notices, please note it may take up to 30 mins for the status to get updated.
Step 5a: Press AP mode button:
Do not hold, but just briefly press and release the Envoy menu button. This will enable AP mode (access point mode) on your Envoy which creates a wireless network you can join with your smartphone.
Note that if you see a solid green LED next to the Cell phone icon, it means, AP mode is successfully enabled, you may proceed to the next step.
If the AP mode LED next to the cell phone icon flashes green, it means WPS pairing has been initiated, which we do not want at this time. Please wait for the WPS pairing to timeout in two minutes and then repeat step 1
Step 5b: Turn off mobile data:
Navigate to your phone settings without closing the Enlighten App. Turn off the mobile data (cellular data) from your mobile device settings. Go to Settings > Mobile Data and switch it off.
Step 5c: Join Envoy ‘s network:
Join the Envoy’s network using your phone Wi-Fi settings. Navigate to the Wi-Fi settings and look for the Envoy’s wireless network. The network name will include the last six digits of your Envoy’s serial number. In this case: Envoy_029655 is the name of the network.
Step 5d: Connect Envoy to home Wi-Fi:
After you have joined the Envoy’s network, return to the Enlighten App’s “Reconnect to Envoy” screen. Scroll down to see "Configure home Wi-Fi" option and tap on it.
Note that the “Configure Home Wi-Fi" box may appear grey initially, wait for few seconds and when it turns blue, tap on it.
Check if the connection was successful
Once the connection is established, check the LED indicator next to the cloud icon on your Envoy. If the LED lights up solid green, you're back online. Congratulations!
Your system now needs to re-sync, which can take anywhere from an hour to a few days depending on how long your system was offline.
Continue on to the final step: what to expect when your Envoy is reconnected to the Internet.
If your envoy is still offline, you will see the screen as shown below. You can tap on “Try again” and repeat the troubleshooting steps.
If you were unable to connect your Envoy to your Home Wi-Fi network using the above method, you may also try connecting using the Manual Network Setup.
If your envoy is still offline, please contact your solar installer for assistance. You may also reach out to us at Enphase customer support.
Why don't I see my production data even after my Envoy has been reconnected to the internet?
Don't worry if you don't see your production data or the top light of the envoy is red, even after reconnecting your Envoy back to the internet. It takes some time for the backed-up data to sync up with Enlighten. Typically, it takes about 1 hour for each day of your Envoy being offline. For example, if your Envoy was offline for 30 days your system should fully sync up in about 30 hours.