Enphase Legal Notices & Policies
Enphase Terms and Conditions SGIP Incentive Assistance
These Enphase Energy Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the Self Generation Incentive Program (“SGIP”) application assistance services (the “Services”) from Enphase Energy, Inc. (“Enphase,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). The term “you,” or “your” refer to you and any individual purchasing a Service from Enphase.
These Terms incorporate the following terms:
- Enphase Energy’s general Terms of Service (“General ToS”), available here.
Enphase, either through itself or a third-party service provider, will assist in preparing, submitting, and monitoring the progress of your SGIP Incentive Claim Forms (the “Application”) based on information you provide, or any information that a solar installer (“Installer”) provides on behalf of an applicant towards the SGIP, through Enphase’s Enlighten platform (the “Information”).
In order to purchase the Services, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must have an account on the Enphase Enlighten platform.
- Be a residential homeowner in California
- Be a customer of any one of the following utility companies (each an “SGIP Administrator”):
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E),
- Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E),
- Southern California Edison (SCE) or
- Southern California Gas (SoCal Gas)
- Have a contract with an Installer for the installation of an Enphase Encharge™ Storage System (each an “Encharge System”) at your California residence.
4. SGIP Incentive
The SGIP incentive amount varies depending on an applicant’s income, location, and system size. The incentive amount is calculated based on the energy capacity (kWh) of battery installed, the allotted SGIP budget for the year, and the applicable incentive rate. Generally, California residential homeowners can claim incentives from the following SGIP budgets, depending on their eligibility:
- Small residential storage – For regular households in CA
- Residential storage equity – For low-income families
- Equity resiliency – For houses in High Fire Threat District, houses that rely on electric pump wells for water supplies, Medical Baseline customers, or customers that have notified their utility of severe illness or condition that could become life-threatening if electricity is disconnected.
SGIP incentive payments are made by the applicable SGIP Administrator. Detailed information regarding the SGIP Incentive is available at https://www.selfgenca.com/home/resources.
NOT ALL APPLICATIONS RESULT IN PAYMENT OF INCENTIVES, AND THE APPLICATIONS (AND ANY PAYMENTS THEREUNDER) MAY BE DECLINED BY THE ADMINISTRATORS OF THE SGIP, OR ANY OTHER REGULATORY AUTHORITY WITH JURISDICTION, AT THEIR DISCRETION.
5. Application Information
In order to receive the Services, you must provide Enphase with certain documents and data required by the applicable SGIP Administrator. These include:
- Responses to questions posed by the SGIP Administrators to determine SGIP incentive eligibility
- Such other information as the SGIP Administrators may require from time to time
- For an individual applicant:
- The name of your electrical utility company
- The name of your Encharge System Installer
- Copies of your last 3 utility bills
- Proof of income (if you are applying for the residential storage equity or equity resiliency incentive)
- Details regarding your Encharge System
- Confirmation that you own the site at which the Encharge System is installed (the “Installation Site”).
- Your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, and the address of the Installation Site
- For an Installer:
- The name of the applicant’s electrical utility company
- Copies of the applicant’s last 3 utility bills
- Proof of the applicant’s income (If the Application is towards the residential storage equity or equity resiliency incentive)
- Details regarding the Encharge System
- Confirmation that the applicant owns the Installation Site.
- The applicant’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number, and the address of the Installation Site
- SGIP developer key
SGIP applicants may authorize their Installer to enter the Information on their behalf. Installers entering such information represent and warrant to Enphase that the SGIP applicant has given the Installer permission to submit the Information to Enphase on their behalf.
You may be required to supply your credit card details when you place your order for the Services. You agree to pay all fees and charges for your purchase of the Services. You agree that Enphase may charge your credit card through the services of our payment service provider’s portal. We reserve the right to verify the identity of the credit card holder by requiring appropriate documentation. We may seek pre-authorization of your card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase. All payments are final and no refunds will be given once you have placed your order for the Services, including in the event that you do not receive the incentive or any other payout as a result of making the Application to the SGIP.
If non-payment occurs due to a failed credit card transaction, then we may reject the applicable order.
We accept Discover Network, Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, through our third-party payment service provider’s portal. Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) is our third-party payment service provider. By purchasing the Service through Enlighten, you hereby consent and authorize our use of Stripe to process your payment. We disclaim all liability with regards to any fees or problems you have with Stripe. Please call (877) 797-4743 for additional information.
Our payment service provider and the credit and debit cards we accept may change without notice.
9. Promotional Codes
If you have a promotional code that may be redeemed for the Services, the Promotional Code must be submitted at the time the Services are purchased through Enlighten and cannot be applied retroactively. Enphase promotional codes have no cash value.
10. Application Processing
By submitting the Information to Enphase, you authorize Enphase and its authorized service providers, to prepare and submit an Application on your behalf. Additionally, you authorize Enphase or its authorized representative to contact you for the purpose of requesting additional information or clarification of Information you have submitted. You will use reasonable efforts to respond to all such requests promptly and completely.
11. Tracking Your Application
Once you have completed your purchase of the Services you may track the progress of your SGIP application through your Enlighten account.
12. Limitation of Liability
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.