The AC Batteries Not Reporting () system status typically arises when there is interference on the power lines between the AC Batteries and the Envoy. It can usually be addressed by the system owner and should not require a maintenance visit. Have the system owner check to see if any of the following devices are on the same circuit as the Envoy. If so, they may be the culprit and should be moved to another circuit to see if this resolves the issue:
- Power strips and surge protectors
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply) or battery backup units
- Touch lamps
- Battery chargers or AC adapters like those used for cell phone and laptop chargers, especially for older devices
- Heavy rotating motors in devices like fans, refrigerators, freezers, or water pumps
- Workshop equipment like a drill press, table saw, wood router, or planer
- Electronic pest deterrents
Additionally, any older or failing compact fluorescent lights (CFL) installed in the home may cause interference. Have the system owner remove the CFL, then check to see if reporting is restored.
If the system status has not reset to Normal within 15 minutes after the system owner has performed these tasks, check the status of the AC Battery(ies) on the Devices list. If any batteries show issues, refer to the Enphase AC Battery Operation and Installation Manual for additional troubleshooting steps, or contact Enphase Customer Support.