Now that we've determined that your Envoy is connected to the Internet via a pair of Ethernet bridges, let's reset your connection to get your Envoy back online and reporting to Enlighten.
Follow these steps to get your Envoy back online:
The power light: This light should be on for both bridges.
If the power or LAN lights are on, proceed to the next step.
If they are not lit, double-check all connections. If they still aren't on, the bridges have likely failed. Please visit the Verify Envoy is Operational Guide for more information.
- Locate both Ethernet bridges. One Ethernet bridge may be located in an outdoor enclosure with the Envoy.
- Verify that one bridge is connected to the Envoy and the other bridge is connected to your router using Ethernet cables.
- Unplug both Ethernet bridges from their respective power outlets.
- Wait 30 seconds and plug in both bridges again.
- Check the status of the lights on the bridges to ensure the bridges are working. The order of the status lights may vary depending on the model of the bridge, but you should see the following indicator lights:
- Press and hold the Envoy menu button until the Envoy menu appears on the Envoy LCD screen.
- Release the Envoy menu button when Get New IP Address appears on the LCD screen.
Within two minutes, updated numbers should appear on the top row of the Envoy LCD screen (an IP address that does not start with 169).
Check if the connection was successful
Within a minute, does the Envoy LCD screen display +Web?
If the screen displays +Web: Congratulations! You're back online. Your system now needs to re-sync, which can take anywhere from an hour to a few days depending on how long your system was offline. Continue on to the final step: what to expect when your Envoy is reconnected to the Internet?.
What to do if the connection was not successful?
If the updated numbers do not appear on the Envoy LCD screen and you do not see +Web, confirm that the communication light on the Ethernet bridges are flashing or solid. If these lights are not flashing, the Ethernet bridges are not attempting a connection and may need to be replaced. Please visit the Verify Envoy is Operational Guide for more information.